Re: Best plotting software?

On  0, Try KDE <trykde@rogers.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for such a software that takes arrays of scientific data and
> spit out a gif file consisting of chart or pie picture (like what you'd
> often see on a benchmark site?). Any suggestions?

gnuplot.  Its interface is a bit cooky, but once you figure it out
it's plain sailing.  I'm not sure if it can produce pngs directly, but
you can certainly produce an eps that ImageMagick (or even
ghostscript) can convert to just about anything.

If you want a slightly nicer interface, Octave is sort of
Matlab-compatible and uses gnuplot as its plotting back-end.

Regards
Tom
--
Tom Cook

Why are Fire Engines Red?
  They have four wheels and eight men; four plus eight is twelve.
    Twelve inches make a ruler; a ruler is Queen Elizabeth.
  Queen Elizabeth sails the seven seas; the seven seas have fish.
    The fish have fins; the Finns hate the Russians.
  The Russians are red; fire engines are always rushin'.
    So they're red.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au