Re: galeon crashes on pasting (was: galeon and its problems)

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 10:06:51PM -0400, Kevin Coyner wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 10:38:28PM +1000, Rob Weir wrote......
>
> > On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 11:35:28AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> > > also sprach Rob Weir <rweir@softhome.net> [2002.10.03.0553 +0200]:
> > >

> Galeon has been funky for me too.  Mine goes into an instant freeze
> where it simply locks up, typically while scrolling down the page.
> Scroll bar freezes and all other controls are worthless.   Only thing I
> can do is kill it.  All other apps on my desktop are unaffected - only
> Galeon.

I have noticed galeon freezing for a time (anywhere from 10 seconds to
five minutes), but it then comes back to life.  This happens especially
often while switching tabs.

> Anyone else seen this behavior, and potentially dealt with it?

I haven't solved it, but galeon 1.2.6 seems to be a whole lot more
stable.

-rob