Re: Backing up system using mondo ?

On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 19:41, D. J. Bolderman wrote:
> Is anyone here using mondo to backup their server ? I'm looking for a
> solution to backup the critical files/dirs of my server, including the
> maildirs. I read that mondo creates bootable rescue cd's, so it sounds
> good. But before I'm diving into another "experience" I would like to
> hear some opinions of you first.

I've used it successfully to restore a laptop.  I strongly recommend

man mondoarchive

and the HOWTO at

www.microwerks.net/~hugo/download/new/Mondo-Rescue-Mindi-Linux-HOWTO-9.html

If you back up to nfs like I do, make the boot floppies at backup time.
Once you understand it, it's pretty slick.  Attached is a copy of en
email I sent someone else about my one restore experience.