Re: Why replies are often sent to sender - was Re: KDE freezing

Paul Johnson wrote:
<snip>

Thanks,
I'm not sure I agree with the argument that reply-to-all fixes the problem - for the exact reason that the complaint was made, most people on the list would prefer not to get two copies of the reply. (although chopping them from the list is easier than adding them I suppose - and it does fix my problem of mailing to the wrong list. I forgot to do it again this time though). The principle of least surprise doesn't hold all the time either, I see list traffic as coming from the list rather than being sent directly to me (especially as it gets shoved into a separate folder).
I do agree that minimal munging is a good convention though.

Barney.