box freezes after upgrade to woody

Hello,

I recently upgraded my pentium1 64 megs to woody after using potato
for over a year.

Suddenly my box freezes when I do some intensive tasks.  E.g I apt-get
installed xemacs yesterday and halfway the install my box hung.  I then
reseted it and run dpgk --configure -a, that continued the installation.

About 3/4 away it hung again!, so reboot, and continued the
installation, then I got through the installation!  But when my promt
returned it hung again.

Today I installed a webgallary php program, and when it was uploading
some pics to my local webserver it hung again.

I also noticed that after the upgrade apache got replaced by
apache-perl but that it didn't work because the wrong config files.

This I fixed myself, but what to do with the first problem?  Does
anyone have any ideas.

I would really like to fix it without a re-installation!

Thanks in advance,

Rudy
--
Rudy Gevaert - rudy@zeus.rug.ac.be  - http://www.zeus.rug.ac.be
keyserverID=24DC49C6 -  http://www.webworm.org

"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity"
        -- Joseph Addison