Re: All floppy installation

Seneca wrote:
On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 06:16:30PM -0400, alex wrote:

Does anyone still install Debian using nothing but floppies?

Guess how I do all my base installations (hint: all but 1 machine cannot
access network (no nics), I cannot get the CD drives recognised (much
less bootable, my systems are all ~7-15 years old), and I don't have
good serial or parallel cables (or the resources to get replacements for
them))

Impressive, yet painful.

I do which that the Debian docs would do a better job with the instructions for a network floppy installation. I have a number of machines that have more network than they do CD-R and it would have been better to use three floppies than to open the case, wire in a CD-R for a hour while I install the Debian Base, then put it back together for the updates and running it.

--
Tom Allison