Re: apt or broken package problem

jim@short.circuit.com writes:

> On 2 Jun 2002, Tomasz Kosinski wrote:
>
> > In the last few days, apt has been reporting "E: Fatal, conflicts..."
> > errors, and I can't determine what is causing this. For example, if I
> > try to install "dia" I get a total of 69 "E: Fatal, conflicts..."
> > errors, mostly with packages which have no clear dependency relationship
> > with "dia" (see below), so I'm not sure where the problem lies.
>
> Testing was changing quite often, it may have left you in the dust.
> Try this:
>             apt-get update
>             apt-get -f install

Thanks Jim,

But I still get no results, following is output from "update" and "-f
install":

Fetched 2022kB in 17m9s (1964B/s)
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
# apt-get -f install
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 327  not
upgraded.

Any other ideas gratefully accepted...

Tomasz