Re: [Fwd: Re: Possible problem with mozilla-browser 1+rc3-1 and flash]

Hello Ren,

Am Freitag, 31. Mai 2002 19:36 schrieben Sie:

> There is some kind of audio wrapper in rc3 that should avoid
> hangs if /dev/dsp is already taken and flash wants to access the
> audio device.

That might be the reason, but unfortunately I don't know how to
make shure, that the sounddevice no longer influence the
flash-plugin neither mozilla itself.

ok I got it:

If I type the following:
debian:/home/gerhard# /etc/init.d/alsa stop
Storing ALSA mixer settings...done.
Shutting down ALSA sound driver (version 0.9.0beta10): no. (sound
is being used
by pid 22111 )
debian:/home/gerhard# ps ax | grep  22111
22111 ?        S      1:06 /usr/bin/artsd -F 10 -S 4096 -d -s 60 -m
artsmessage

Just kill artsmessage? How can I diable it? And for what is it in
use? I can't find anything useful about it. Not by apt-cache either
by man or kde-help.

I killed artsmessage and now mozilla doesn't crash on flash. Weird
because I'm shure about the fact the swf doesn't plays any sound.

Is there a way to avoid kde starting the soundserver, and start or
stop it by hand?

What's about disable the flash-plugin. Is there a pref option?

I can't reproduce the crash like described by Ron on

> It might have something to do with that.  It is new compared to
> 1.0rc2.

Thank you

gerhard