Re: The New World Order is Here !

On Saturday 02 February 2002 22:26 pm, Stig Brautaset wrote:

> Can you please stop reposting spam to the list? My spamfilter caught the
> original spam, but there is precious little I can do about followups to
> spam when (a) the subject line is changed, and (b) there is no
> "References:" or "In-Reply-To:" header left in the mail.

And again and again, the problem is not irate list members reposting spam
nor the effectiveness of your filters.  The problem is the policy allowing
non-subscribers to post to the list which gives every spammer who wants to
use it an open relay to the entire subscriber list.  No matter how you
tune your filters this will continue to be the problem.

--
Bud Rogers  <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.