Fwd: Re: Samba clarification

Subject: Re: Samba clarification
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:11:08 -0800
From: Curtis Vaughan <curtis@npc-usa.com>
To: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>

> You said "printer utilities".  What does that mean?

I installed LPRng and used apsfilter to configure.  I believe it was the
latter ap the gave me the 'warning' message.

> Why not run Samba on your machine?  Then all the Windows boxen can
> see your locally attached printer.  There's no tecnical reason why
> Samba must only run on one machine in the network.

In my work, the best way to run a network is to keep to a minimum the number
of computers you have to service.  Therefore, if Samba can be configured on 1
computer, thereby making all Linux workstation share resource available to
all Windows workstations and visa versa, then why install Samba on each Linux
workstation?

Curtis