Re: how to print to a printer connected to win2000prof

Kent -

I may have had a similar problem such as the "cat" errors and
stair-stepping. At one time I think I found that it was the last line of
the magicfilter driver (the default) that was the problem (when printing
plain text). I think I found that I could cat a file directly to
smbclient using the command line args from the smbprint script. Try that
to see if it works. I also remember running smbclient interactively and
getting it to print. These two things led me to the dj550c-filter being
the problem.