Re: Blinking Keyboard Light Error Condition Codes after early boot freeze

* Elizabeth Barham <lizzy@soggytrousers.net> [03-12-2002 05:39]:
> The entire boot sequence stops here as far as screen output is
> concerned; however, two of the "lock" keys are flashing in sequence:
> the Num Lock LED light and the Caps Lock LED light.
>
>     I have been looking for the meaning of "Caps Lock and Num Lock
> blinking in sequence" but so far to no avail.
>
>     Does anyone know what the lights mean or where I should look to
> find out?

I have seen those flashing lights a couple of times before. The
last time was, when I read data from a cdrom and the drive died.

If the kernel file is not available at boot time, this can also
happen I believe.

>From my experience those lights signify a crash caused by a file
system not being available when it's required and error routines
are not available to circumvent the absence.

In your case, it would seem that the bootdisk was not created
properly. I can't be more specific than to recommend to give it
another try (I have never created a boot disk, I use the Gentoo
live/install-cd if my boot record or partition has a problem).

Bob