Re: USB Mouse Logitech Trackman

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 10:42:30AM -0800, Casey Scott wrote:
> 	I can not get my Logitech Trackman USB mouse to work at all!
> I use a kvm switch, and when I use the mouse as a ps/2
> mouse (usb to ps/2 adapter included), the mouse goes out of control if
> I switch to another box and back.

Yeah, it will do... as the switch contacts move it glitches the power
supply and screws up the processor inside the mouse. The hardware hack
to get round this is to stick a big capacitor (>=1000uF) across the
power pins on the common socket (pin 4 = +ve, pin 3 = GND).

Depending on how good the emulation carried out by the USB-PS/2
adaptor is, you may be able to un-glitch it by exiting X, executing
echo -ne '\377' > /dev/psaux and starting X again. This does a reset
on a native PS/2 mouse; if the adaptor's good enough it should
translate this into a reset of the USB mouse.

I know it's not quite what you're looking for, but it might get you
going.

Pigeon