Re: argh! aptitude/dselect/apt-get dieing????

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 04:17:33PM -0500, Robert L. Harris wrote:

> Very nice writeup.
>
> Question, what if you want foo from unstable and it requires a version
> of bar in unstable but your existing bar is from testing?  What if bar
> isn't installed at all and the requirement is going to install it?  Will
> apt do the right thing at this point?

apt will perform dependency checks just as it always does.  If foo
depends on a package which needs to be updated or installed, apt will
notify you and ask for permission to proceed.  I believe this is the
right thing :)

  There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that can do binary
  arithmetic and those that can't.