Collisions on lan using Linux versus Windows

My network performance is pretty good, I believe. However when I
transfer files between two of my systems both running Debian the
collision led on my hub is almost constantly on.

I transferred a 82 MB file. I ran ifconfig before and after:
collisions:560494 txqueuelen:100
collisions:590036 txqueuelen:100

Similar increase on second machine.

The transfer took 01:41 using scp.

Don't know if that should worry me.

Last week a friend came over with his pc to play games. I also
booted into Windows. We had to transfer a few big files to his
machine. I noticed the collision led only flickered every four or
five seconds. I don't know how to extract the collisions data
from Windows. Besides I don't have two Windows machines.

Can my local network perform better for my Linux systems. Or should
I just forget about the collisions?

Bob