Re: X hanging the whole system at startup

Mariano Kamp, 2002-Sep-06 18:00 +0200:
> Hi,
>
>   I installed woody and after booting the machine x hangs the whole
> machine (at least numlock doesn't work anymore). Is there anyway to
> interrupt the startup procedure to prevent x from starting?
>
>   I am also wondering what the reason for that is? Issuing startx by
> hand does work.
>
>   Does anybody know where I do set the window manager (xdm etc?).

There is a file called "default-display-manager" located in /etc/X11
that includes the full path, /usr/bin/X11/xdm in my case since I use
xdm.  I believe this is what you are looking for.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User