Monitor problem: Please help

Dear Debian users,
I am trying to install Debian on my new Dell
optiplex GX240 with a Dell UltraSharp 1900 FP Flat
panel LCD monitor.

My problem is that I can not see the picture. I
configured xfree86 for 1280x1024 at 60 Hz. But I could
not see the picture on the monitor.

I am afraid if my graphics card is problematic. The
graphics card is ATI Rage Ultra. Did any one has also
the similar problem. Please help me suggesting a
solution to get my picture on my monitor properly.
Thanks
Suraj,

=====
PIL/BMB/SDU/DK