Re: Debian and IDE RAID?

Hi,

I've just succesfully installed and am now running Debian3r0 with Abit
BD7II-RAID ATA133 motherboard which uses the Highpoint 372 Controller
(hardware).  It was a bit of a struggle getting it to work as you need a
spare disk to prepare the kernel that will boot from the raid disks.  I have
the RAID in 0 mode and it is fast.  Highpoint provide a driver that you can
compile as a module for your kernel.  Some of this is non-free, therefore it
is downloaded partly as source and partly as a pre-compiled lib.  It works
much like CDRW by making the RAID devise a scsi one.  I have not had to use
any raidtools package.

Highpoint also provide a frontend that allows you to monitor your disks,
rebuild them etc..

Tom