Re: Xfree86

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 09:55:52PM -0300, familia Covis wrote:
> I installed Debian Woody on my 486.  I have been unable to get
> XWindows working inspite of several days of effort.
>
> Hardware:
> i486 w/ 16 meg
> 40X ide CDROM
> Video card chip Cirrus Logic(CL-GD5426) with 1 meg on board mem
> Monitor: Falcom model 14s 60/80Hz VGA
>
> I can run XF86Config and everything seems to setup OK but when I run
> with startx from the prompt the screen goes blank and no XTERM is displayed.
> Every combination I have tried has resulted in the same results.

You can run a config file? (the program that you ran is xf86config, not
XF86Config (it's output)) Which xserver are you using? xfree86 gets it's
config file from xf86config-v4. Do you have a window manager or xterm
installed? What does /var/log/XFree86.0.log say?

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com