Re: printing landscape PDFs

scripsit Carlos Sousa:
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:54:57 -0700 Thanasis Kinias
> <tkinias@optimalco.com> wrote:
>
> > render fine with gv, ggv, etc., but I can't print the little beasts
> > because they come out printed portrait and truncated at the right
> > margin.  I've tried manually specifying landscape in gv and ggv, but
> > the result is a mess.  I can't find a way to specify rotation as an
> > option on lprng's lpr.
> >
> > This must be a common issue, as there are a lot of such PDFs out on
> > the Web.  What workarounds have been found?  Am I missing something
> > obvious?
>
> Yes, unfortunately very common. Happens also with some postscript files.
> The only way I've managed to print these kinds of documents was:
>
> 1) Convert the PDF to Postscript;
>
> 2) Install the psutils package. In it there are a few invaluable tools
> that will enable you to apply changes to .ps files, like rotate, scale,
> translate, even prepare for n-up and booklet printing.

pstops seems to be the one, but the man page isn't exactly transparent.
It appears to want 'pstops L infile.ps outfile.ps' (or R to rotate the
other way), but the resulting PS file renders as totally blank.  Do you
have handy what switches you used?

--
Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology

Ash nazg durbatul�k, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatul�k agh burzum-ishi krimpatul