Re: printing landscape PDFs

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:54:57 -0700 Thanasis Kinias
<tkinias@optimalco.com> wrote:

> render fine with gv, ggv, etc., but I can't print the little beasts
> because they come out printed portrait and truncated at the right
> margin.  I've tried manually specifying landscape in gv and ggv, but
> the result is a mess.  I can't find a way to specify rotation as an
> option on lprng's lpr.
>
> This must be a common issue, as there are a lot of such PDFs out on
> the Web.  What workarounds have been found?  Am I missing something
> obvious?

Yes, unfortunately very common. Happens also with some postscript files.
The only way I've managed to print these kinds of documents was:

1) Convert the PDF to Postscript;

2) Install the psutils package. In it there are a few invaluable tools
that will enable you to apply changes to .ps files, like rotate, scale,
translate, even prepare for n-up and booklet printing.

These are command-line tools, and take some time to get right, but after
you get the hang of it you can script away most of the work.

Don't know if there are equivalent GUI tools.

--
Carlos Sousa
http://vbc.dyndns.org/