Re: ASUS P4S333 SIS 650 SIS 7012

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 11:49, Abdul Latip wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any Debian package around (either offical or
> not); that understands SiS 650 Video and SiS 7012 Audio
> (MB: ASUS P4S333)? Or is there a way to tell the kernel
> and X11 to recognize those chips?

If you

cat /proc/pci

It will tell you what these PCI systems look like to the kernel. I think
the SiS 7012 Audio is a  C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738. If so you will
need the 'cmpci' kernel module (run modconf, go to the sound section,
add in the module).

Have a look see at what the SiS 650 Video is shown as and use a
corresponding X driver.

Kind Regards
Crispin Wellington