Re: fernando: Mail delivery error

On Tuesday 30 July 2002 04:26 pm, Craig Dickson wrote:
> ben wrote:
> > is anyone else getting this, below, on any post to debian-user?
>
> Yes.
>
> > i've done the listmaster thing with a request to have fernando
> > removed, repeatedly, over the last two days. what else can be done
> > about this? don't tell me filters. i'm doing that already, but i'm
> > getting mighty tired of having to filter the foolishness of others.
> > how do we get the list to reject persistent idiocy?
>
> Problem is, I don't think the list server is seeing these bounces;
> they're being sent directly to the original sender of each message. The
> list server, therefore, has no idea that there is a problem.
>
> You can complain to Fernando's postmaster, try to get him kicked off
> debian-user, and/or filter the messages out at your end.
>
> Yes, it's annoying. No, AFAIK, there is no simple fix that will prevent
> this from happening again in the future with some other errant
> subscriber.

thanks for the response, craig. i've done both: sent mail to the listmaster
and to the postmaster for fernando's domain. i've exceeded the bounce limit
on the postmaster address but had no response whatsover from
listmaster@lists.debian.org. the latter lack pisses me more. it seems like it
should be a reasonable request that obviously abandoned addresses be deleted
from the subscriber list. does anyone have a clue how to achieve this?

ben