Re: Kernel messages on the console (tty)?

Hi Andrew!

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Andrew Clark wrote:

> Off the top of my head, the kernel logs all kernel messages above a certain
> level to the console.  You can set the console in your lilo conf:
>
> append="console=ttyS1,9600 console=tty0"
>
> Is what I use, which logs to both the console and the serial port.

Well, the problem is that I'm getting all kinds of messages to
any console that I'm on and I don't want to.  Syslogd does not
seem to be the culprit.

With syslogd I send messages to tty8 but something is sending
everything to all consoles.  Which disrupts everything I try
to do.

--
B. L. Jilek <bljilek@yahoo.com>
PGP keys on my website --> http://crowbyte.dnsalias.com/~tcrow/