Re: Palm conectivity

>>>>> "john" == John S J Anderson <jacobs@genehack.org> writes:

    john> This is very odd; I've been syncing a Visor for over a year now
    john> with no problems. At what point in the process do you push the
    john> button on the cradle?

That the Palm 505 uses completely different protocol than the Visor (even
though both are USB and they are supported by the same kernel module) might
explain a little bit about the difficulty.  Last time when I tried, my Palm
500 USB works with coldsync, but don't work with pilot-link or gnome-pilot.
I don't know whether it works with JPilot, but chances are that it doesn't.
I don't know whether the current situation has improved (that "last time" is
something half a year ago), since my Palm is currently out of order due to
rain. =(

Regards,
Isaac.