Re: Loadlin bug fixed?

> Good day -- I have woody (on a computer whose monitor is now blown), and
> loadlin.
>
> I was unable to recompile my kernel before, because of a bug in which
> Loadlin could not
> understand the bz2 file compression format.

Do you mention bz2 because bzimage is using bz2? As far as I know the b
there is for big, it is still a gz and has nothing to do with bz2.

> I went through a bug search on loadlin, and found that it is no longer
> listed.
> However, I don't know what the fix is.  Is it a new loadlin?  Or a new
> kernel-compile method?
>
> If anybody knows, I'd appreciate an answer on that, so that I can
> update.

If I am right about not having to do with bz2 then this is probably a
loadlin matter and not a kernel related one.
You might look where you found the bug listed (is it the BTS?) since
the fix might be there too. Another option is to search google in their
news archive section.

    Shaul Karl, shaulka@bezeqint.n e t