Re: licq disappeared from testing/woody

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:02:03 -0400 (EDT) "Kurt Yoder" <kylist@shcorp.com>
wrote:

> Ah... OK, seems to get further if I do "licq -p kde-gui".
>
> Would probably be nicer if licq simply detected which plugins were
> installed and tried to pick one. It seems to want the "qt-gui" plugin by
> default and simply dies if it doesn't find it, which is mystifying
> unless one knows what to do about that (witness my confusion above). Is
> this the place to propose such a change?

Depends on your point of view.  TMK, the QT plugin is the default plugin
provided by the devel team.  The others are optional extras.  So, I can
see people viewing this as a non-Licq problem.  However, a good case could
also probably be made for suggesting that the KDE plugin update licq's
operation when it's installed vs the QT plugin.

> Also, perhaps licq 1.0.3-5 should be restored to testing? It really does
> work fine for me...

Think this goes back to the discussions on the Licq list.  Many people
have had numerous problems with anything prior to CVS.  In almost all
cases when a user of a version prior to a relatively recent CVS snapshot
reports difficulty, they are advised to update to CVS and it resolves
their problem.

> Thanks for your help...

No problem.

--