Re: licq disappeared from testing/woody

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:40:27 -0400 (EDT) "Kurt Yoder" <kylist@shcorp.com>
wrote:

> Later I tried installing it on another machine and it wouldn't work at
> all(failed dependencies, segfaults, etc). I looked at the versions
> available, and 1.0.3-5 is no longer there. Doing a search for licq on
> packages.debian.org, I see
>
> unstable licq 1.0.4.cvs.20020521-1   (396.8k)
>   ICQ clone (base files)

Yep that's the current one.

> OK, so where did 1.0.3-5 go? None of these others work on my machine.
> I've tried them all.

Discussion on the licq list indicates that the all released versions are
more or less broken now due to protocol changes that have been made by
AOL/ICQ.  They suggest using the CVS version.

What are the error messages you're getting with the above version?  I've
been using it on a few of my machines and they have that version installed
now.

--
Jamin W. Collins