Re: xawtv won't quit the channel sound when exit

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 04:40:02 -0400 ThanhVu Nguyen <tvn1981@flashmail.com>
wrote:

> I use xawtv on  an Ati Wonder VE using the bttv drivers (compiled as
> modules in the kernel)

ATI TV Wonder here, non-VE.

> The problem is when I quit xawtv, the channel sound stills go on ... I
> have to manually modprobe -r bttv if I want to the sound to quit.

Not having that problem here.  For a short while I had a problem where the
exited xawtv or motv for the first time.  However that went away pretty
much all on it's own (probably one of the updates that got installed).

> the xawtv version is  xawtv-3.72 , sid , kernel 2.4.18.

Versions here:
- kernel 2.4.16-686
- xawtv 3.72

> here's what I have in my /etc/modutils/actions
>
> post-install bttv modprobe -k tuner
> post-remove bttv modprobe -r tuner

Mine are commented out here.  Instead I have the following in
/etc/modutils/tv-wonder:

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 bttv options bttv card=10 tuner=2 options tuner
type=2

The above alias lines are both single line entries.  Also, I'm explicitly

Jamin W. Collins