Re: Need Reasons for switching to Debian from Redhat

* Jamin W. Collins <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> [020719 00:35]:
> On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:01:40 -0300 pellegrini@mpcnet.com.br (Jeronimo
> Pellegrini) wrote:
>
> > Although I'd  surely choose Debian, I have to say that Red Had has a
> > nice feature: you can install it on one box, and then colne the
> > installation on the others. I forget the nmae of the feature...
>
> I believe the feature is called "kickstart" or something similiar.

Hmff. Debian has the replicator

> apt-cache show replicator
Version: 2.1.0
 Using a nfs-root filesystem and rsync, replicator allow
 you to non-interactively install a target computer
 identical to the model computer. It can handle differences
 in partitioning and hardware.
 .
 Designed for clusters, classrooms and wherever you need
 identical Debian boxes.
 .
 It's REALLY faster than normal Debian installation method.

--
Debian 3.0
Linux onefish 2.4.18-lavienx #1 Tue Jun 25 19:07:48 EST 2002