Re: Is there an implementation of Active Directory in Linux or Unix's

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:19:12 -0700 (PDT) Armenteros Roberto
<rarmente1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Today in the company I work for "windows based comany"
> I was challenged about whether any Unix system was
> able to provide Directory Services "just like those of
> microsoft - which they took from Netware". They claim
> that's a feature Windows offers, which is more
> advanced than any other equivalent unix solution. What
> would be the unix way to accomplish this task?

By using "The Real Thing", straight from Novell.

http://www.novell.com/products/edirectory/accountmanagement21/

Novell has Linux support for a good number of their products.

--
Jamin W. Collins