Re: Evaluating MTA's

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 06:13:25 -0500 Derrick 'dman' Hudson
<dman@dman.ddts.net> wrote:

> I agree with Marc's conclusion -- choose exim or postfix.
>
> He didn't mention some of qmail's bugs in the article, but you can
> read about them here :
>     http://www-dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/~ma/qmail-bugs.html
>
> Matthias also did a nice performance benchmark of the "big 4" MTAs here
> :
>     http://www-dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/~ma/postfix/vsqmail.html
> (though it is a bit dated now, exim has had several releases since
> that point)

Those are some interesting articles.  First information I've seen
regarding shortcomings of qmail that actually appear to have some
validity.  Very interesting indeed.  Looks like it may be time for me to
investigate other MTAs.

--
Jamin W. Collins