Re: Thanks: Mozilla: Home page keeps resetting to default. .Solved!!

Thanks for the replies.
I did as advised and changed my .mozilla folder to .bak_mozilla then started
Mozilla, selected my preferred search engine (google) and reset my home page
to my ISP's site, then tried it out and it worked fine. I quit Mozilla and
restarted and my settings were saved o.k. I then rebooted the computer and
the settings are still as I selected!! I then deleted the .bak_mozilla folder.

I dont need to worry about email, I use kmail and in any case when I
downloaded Mozilla I no longer have Mozilla mail as a choice, i.e. there is
no longer an icon for Mozilla Mail at the bottom of the  Mozilla Browser
screen...funny though, as there is still a Mozilla composer. It seems strange
that there would be an email composer but not a client proper to open mail
from. For now thats o.k. , because as I said above I'm using Kmail.
Thanks again for the help.