Odd GPG behavior

I'm having some strange results with GPG. I'm getting quite a few BAD
signatures from people who's public keys are on my keyring and even the
occasional bad signature from MYSELF. I know that there are some options
that are on (or off) by default in GPG due to OpenPGP standards, but
that conflict with PGP default settings. However, I don't think I've
ever seen an actual PGP signature on this list (most are GPG). Any
suggestions?

-Alex