Annoying sound problem in Woody

Hi,

I did a clean net-install of Woody on my Toshiba Laptop and now I have a
strange sound problem. The sound worked fine when I was using Potato or
Progeny...

In Woody, I have sound when I play a music CD or a movie with Xine, but I
can't play *.wav files (i.e. when Gnome start). Am I missing I package or a
library?

I am running kernel 2.4.16.
My sound card is correctly detected:

/home/splante# lspci
00:08.0 Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic Crystal CS4281 PCI Audio
(rev 01)

and the modules are loaded:

/home/splante# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
pcmcia_core            34688   0
nls_cp437               4384   4  (autoclean)
apm                     8784   1
cs4281                 41792   1
soundcore               3268   3  [cs4281]
tulip                  37152   1

Thanks,

Sébastien Plante