Re: should I try ext3 filesystems even though barely documented?

On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 21:21, ben wrote:
> yeah, granted, a fsck on a disk that large can take time, but your 140 gigs
> still doesn't qualify as a compelling reason for me to change mine. working
> with 6 gigs, it really doesn't provide a great advantage. dan was asking for
> a whyto more than a howto, so i guess the answer would be size of disk *
> power failure.
Doesn't ext3 have some performance and reliability improvements over
ext2?  That would be a good reason to use it.  I don't know either way.
All I have ever used is ext3 for my main partitions and rieserfs for a
few partition that have a bunch of little files on them( I hear its
better for this).  I also think I remember something about ext2 having a
2gig file size limit on it.  That could also be a factor.  In any case
for the most part it doesn't cost much to upgrade to ext3, so I would
personally recommend it.

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."