Re: DMA settings

At 6:34 Uhr +0800 16.06.2002, csj wrote:
My own experience with this is that if you have to enable DMA using
hdparm, then something is lacking in or even wrong with your kernel.

One important reason to use hdparm regardless of the kernel boottime dma configuration is to set the -k (keep) flag, if you are using a laptop, since laptops (at least macintosh powerbooks) unset the dma setting on sleep if you don't. (A second important reason is to set -u (unmask interrupts), which you can't set other than with hdparm unless I'm mistaken.)

Christian.