Re: Another guide for a diskless installation?

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 05:19:13PM -0400, debian.org@lkv.mailshell.com wrote:
> I have an IBM Thinkpad 560 with no external floppy drive or (any) CD-ROM.
> It's running Win '95 with no other partitions and the only way to get data in
> or out of the laptop is with an Ethernet PC Card.
>
> That's why I'd like to execute a diskless installation.  The installation
> guide seems to treat this type of installation as an afterthought, but I'm
> also having trouble finding a more thorough guide to a diskless installation.

1. Will you install to the partition that currently holds MS Windows?

2. When you say diskless installation and also states that there is no
external floppy or (any) CD-ROM, do really mean diskless (e.g. use a
bootrom on a nic to boot over the network) or is there an internal
floppy drive?

--
Note that I use Debian version 3.0
Linux emac140 2.4.17 #1 sön feb 10 20:21:22 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Hans Ekbrand