Re: Mondo Archive

I used Mondo 3 or 4 (or more) months back.  Everything backed up fine.  One dark and
lousy day I lost a harddrive.  Tried to restore with Mondo but to no
avail.  I ended up searching list files on the CD's for the files I needed,
uncompressing them (not straightforward at all), and copying back to
the new harddrive.

The moral of the story, make DAMN sure your backup can be restored!!!!!

Lance

On Fri Jun 07, 2002 at 08:01:46PM -0500, Dale Hair wrote:
> Subject: Re: Mondo Archive
> From: Dale Hair <dale@meridian-electric.com>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Date: 07 Jun 2002 20:01:46 -0500
>
> On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 16:40, Brian Rose wrote:
> > Has anyone gotten the mondoarchive to work in Debian?  I tried it before
> > it was added as a package, but it didn't restore correctly.  Problems
> > with Lilo is all I remember now though.
>
> I've backed up two systems to a nfs partition but I haven't tried to
> restore yet.  I really should test out the restore, I need to dig up
> another hard drive to try it out.
>

> --

                                Lance Hoffmeyer
                              lance@augustmail.com