debian/freebsd

Hello-
I have one hard drive that I want to have freeBSD and debian Linux exist on.
I want freebsd in a primary partition and I want linux and linux swap in the
logical partitions in the extended partition. Every time I try to install
debian, it corrupts my freebsd partition. After that is corrupt I reinstall
freebsd and I it corrupts my debian partition. Does anyone have a duel boot
system with these two operating systems on the same disk? is it not possible
to have debian and freebsd on the same disk?
thanks-
brian