Re: Debian: abandon ship?

Ian D. Stewart wrote:

While stating that you don't give a rip about  the users may be
intelectually honest, one should not be surprised when
such statements endanger userbase loyalty.
And, as he said: he doesn't care. Doesn't care because no
developers will leave and the users leaving doesn't endanger
the existance of Debian; in essence the developers are making
it for themselves. You should be thankful for being allowed to use
it at all. I understand him not caring (though one could guess that
having users is one of the reasons for developers to do what they do,
so actually they do care, just not about users the consider to be whining).

That everyone decided we should constantly hide our true feelings
towards other persons isn't his problem. I value honesty more than trying
to prevent some long-toed people from being insulted.

sincerely,

Ivo Wever
I.J.W.Wever@student.tnw.tudelft.nl