Re: Gaah! KDE madness!

On Saturday 01 June 2002 09:30 pm, Andy Saxena wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 05:56:49PM -0500, Peter Clark wrote:

> > > Try this outside your KDE session, perhaps from the console:
> > >
> > > $ mv ~/.kde ~/.kde-backup
> > >
> > > Then restart your KDE session.
> >
> > 	I already thought of that; no go. In fact, once I had backed everything
> > up, I continually nuked ~/.kde as I tried various font servers, but kept
> > getting the cursive font. Thanks anyways.
> >
> > 	:Peter
>
> When you say you didn't purge any of the previous settings, which
> settings are you referring to?

	Oops, my bad. I should have explained myself better--when I meant "purge", I
meant that I did not uninstall the KDE2 debs with --purge. Fonts worked fine
in KDE2, so I thought that there shouldn't be a problem going in with KDE3.
When I got the cursive font and the problem with kppp, one of the first
things I did was move ~/.kde to ~/.kde-bak and tried again.
	What other areas should I try? I've looked at /etc/kde3 (and /etc/kde2, since
that's still there) to see if there is anything that might be affected, but I
couldn't find anything relevant.
	Thanks,
	:Peter