Re[4]: Bandwidth Monitor

Wednesday, April 10, 2002, 4:16:06 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:

> net-tools 1.60
> ifconfig 1.42 (2001-04-13)

AHH! Much better. I was running net-tools 1.54, so I upgraded that and
now I can see how many Mb I've transferred.

> Have a look at mrtg. You'll need to set up the snmp packages to get it
> to work, but it will do what you want (and make colour pictures, too!
> ;)

When I looked at a sample output of mrtg, I saw that it showed only the
speed (B/s).  While I do like that, and will probably set it up anyway,
I didn't see that it showed total bytes transferred.  Did I miss that,
too? =]

--
  - Alan Poulton (apoulton@telus.net) -
Why is it called "rush hour" if it's so damn slow?