Re: Am I running an open relay?

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 08:38:04AM -0600, dman wrote:
>On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 02:58:00PM +0100, Patrick Kirk wrote:
>have your "open relay" register itself at dsbl.org, but your system
>doesn't relay with the "percent hack" trick.  If you were an open
>relay (by that method, at least), then it would have sent the message
>on and you wouldn't have seen an error message.
>
>| From: nobody@[217.35.40.123]
Well, interesting to know that exim remains unbroken.  I was puzzled
there as I like exim and wondered how come it was compromised.

>| DSBL LISTME: smtp
>| 6839cgD6QvH1tqiQODyEuQGHn9TFZAdi >| MAIL
FROM:<nobody@[217.35.40.123]> >| RCPT
TO:<listme%dsbl.org@[217.35.40.123]> >| DSBL END > >Where did this
come from!?  Last I saw there was no way to get a

I have two suspects.  One is www.xfce.org - I was impressed with xfce
and wanted to join the mailing list.  It rejected my subscribe request
unread saying "We bounce all spam" so the silly sods have a broken
filter and arrogant sysadmin.  Nice combo!  The other is an individual
on Gentoo User who take umbrance when I suggested that their security
model was too tight for comfort.  Its unusual for someone to get so
het up they write you angry emails to my personal account so I wonder
if he tried to rbl me as well.

>cookie (that second line with "junk" characters") and there is no
>contact information at dsbl.org.  I made a script to make formmail
>sites list themselves, but I need a way to get a cookie for it to
>work.  Right now I can't even find any DNS information for dsbl.org,
>so I can't check their web site.

I'll post you the headers...