Re: [newbie] Problems getting Xwindows working [includes /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and startx logfile]

On Sunday 31 Mar 2002 11:36 pm, you wrote:

> >Are you using the linux framebuffer ? If not, comment out this line:
> >
> >           Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
> >
> >Apart from that your config looks fine.
>
> During the install the --configuration of some package asked whether
> I wanted to use the framebuffer, with the remark that it might prevent a
> problem, but would probably be unnecessary. I decided to be on the
> safe side and use it.

"some package" would be xserver-xfree86. It would be helpful if you could
actually try out what I suggested and tell us how you got on. Post your log
file again if you still have problems.

--
Simon Hepburn.