Re: Printer Setup (hp 1100)

On 30 Mar 2002 15:14:42 -0500 Brian Stults wrote:

> I have an HP1200 that I set up to work with CUPS.  I have a very
> unofficial CUPS howto here:
>
> http://stults.dyndns.org/~bs7452/linuxhelp/

I actually found that (through google, IIRC) and was helpful.  Thanks.

I can print the test page without any problem, and printing from most X
clients seems to work -- although I need to find how/if I can tell the
clients to not print dark background.

Where I have not had luck is trying to print from gimp.  I've selected
my printer's ppd in gimp, but it still is trying to send postscript to
the printer.

I did install  cupsomatic-ppd and cupsys-driver-gimpprint.

Haven't had time to research how to let my wife's Windows laptop print
to it, yet.

Man this stuff eats time!

Thanks,

--