Re: Junkbusting flash ads?

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 10:03:47AM -0500, christophe barbé wrote:
| On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 09:45:17AM +0100, Preben Randhol wrote:
| > csj <csj@mindgate.net> wrote on 30/03/2002 (09:29) :
| > >
| > > I can think of another: use a browser that doesn't support flash.
| >
| > Even better would be if one could turn it on and off in galeon/mozilla
| > with a button. Then there would be less problem with sound too.
|
| I agree that the abilitie to enable/disable flash in galeon/mozilla is a
| missing feature.

You can almost do that by (re)moving the plugin's .so file and
restarting the browser.

| > We really really need a good sound deamon that every app speaks to in
| > stead of directly to /dev/dsp. :-(
|
| But mozilla uses esd if available. So you can use xmms (with the esd
| output plugin) and play soung in mozilla in the same time.

Yes.

The other alternative is to try ALSA.  I've heard (but haven't tried
it myself as OSS+esd is sufficient for me at the moment) that it
allows simultaneous access to /dev/dsp.

-D

--

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us.