Re: Maybe OT Freedraft install problem or what is a CAD system

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 12:02, Florian Struck wrote:
[snip]

> checking for shmat... yes
> checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
> checking motif... no
> checking athena3D... no
> checking athena... no
> configure: error: I can't even find Athena! There may be problems with your X
> installation.
>
> -snip-
>
> Does anyone have a clue about this? Im not so experienced in building from
> sources so if anyone knows what is the problem pls tell me or if anyone knows
> another good alternative to Autocad ill be trying it.
> Thanx
> Florian

$ apt-cache search athena | sort
 --snip--
libxaw6 - X Athena widget set library (version 6)
libxaw6-dbg - X Athena widget set library (version 6) (unstripped)
libxaw6-dev - X Athena widget set library development files (version 6)
libxaw7 - X Athena widget set library
libxaw7-dbg - X Athena widget set library (unstripped)
libxaw7-dev - X Athena widget set library development files
 --snip--

My strong guess would be to install libxaw7 & libxaw7-dev.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| "(Women are) like compilers.  They take simple statements  |
|  and make them into big productions."                      |
|     Pitr Dubovitch                                         |