Re: Printer Setup (hp 1100)

On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 13:14, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Before spending too much time reading dated docs, is their a current Debian-specific howto/doc on setting up printing?
>
> I installed magicfilter, and now looking at CUPS, but not sure if they can be used together - or if they conflict.
>
> Anyone using an HP1100 that can share their experience?
>
> Also, I'm looking at using an Epson photo printer, soon.  Is there support for good photo-quality printing with that printer series yet?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Bill Moseley

I have both the HP 1100 on /dev/lp0 and Epson Stylus Photo 870 on
/dev/usb/lp0.  I'm having trouble printing to /dev/usb/lp0, when I do it
tries to print to /dev/lp0 instead.  I have more pressing problems to
deal with at the moment though.  When I used the Epson with gimp-print
on lp0 the output was excellent.

I had magicfilter installed, but after installing cups I don't know what
became of it.  I installed cupsys  cupsys-client  cupsys-ppd
cupsys-driver-gimprint  qtcups and xpp.