Re: Printer Setup (hp 1100)

On 29 Mar 2002, Bill Moseley wrote:

> Before spending too much time reading dated docs, is their a current
> Debian-specific howto/doc on setting up printing?
>
> I installed magicfilter, and now looking at CUPS, but not sure if they
> can be used together - or if they conflict.
>
> Anyone using an HP1100 that can share their experience?

I'm assuming this is the Laserjet 1100.

See http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=62816
for suggestions.

Note that CUPS should work with gimp-print. See the link on the above page
to the Howto at http://www.ebbs.com.au/~mark/cups-gimp-print.html

You might also want to take a look at the Debian package
cupsys-driver-gimpprint, which looks like it is relevant. It might be all
you need as far as gimp-print goes. So you won't need to do the compiling
as described in the howto. Let me know how it goes for you.

                                              Faheem.